We are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the equipment and facilities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Relating to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Coronavirus is highly contagious (it spreads easily). Your health and the health of other gym users is your responsibility.
Our commitment to you
- We will put in place the government guidelines published online at www.gov.uk. These guidelines are aimed at reducing the risk of spreading coronavirus.
- We will carry out a risk assessment and make changes to manage social distancing and provide effective infection control.
- We will provide you with information about these changes, including any rules that we ask you to follow.
Your commitment to us and other gym users
- Do not enter the gym if you or anyone in your household has coronavirus symptoms.
- By entering the gym you accept that even though we have put in place the government guidelines, you are still at risk of getting coronavirus.
- Make yourself aware of the government guidelines published online at www.gov.uk about protecting yourself and others from coronavirus, and follow them. Make yourself aware of the changes we have made and any rules we ask you to follow, and follow them.
Relating to exercise
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our equipment and facilities are clean and safe for you to use and enjoy for the normal purpose they were intended for. Bear in mind that we are not able to clean or inspect equipment and facilities after each use.
- We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that our staff are qualified to the fitness industry standards as set out by the Register of Exercise Professionals.
- If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- Do not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment and facilities you should get advice from a relevant medical professional, and follow that advice.
- Make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. When you are exercising, you are responsible for the risks involved. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- Let us know immediately if our equipment or facilities are unsafe to use or if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified doctors, but there will be a person available who has had first-aid training.
- If you have a disability, follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to exercise safely.
This statement is for guidance only. It is not a legally binding agreement between you and us and does not create any obligations which you or we must meet.